[Iag-list] Cultural Geography Study Group: Liminal Zones Friday 15 November

Michelle Duffy Michelle.Duffy at newcastle.edu.au
Tue Oct 8 16:53:45 AEDT 2019

Hi everyone

This is a reminder that the Cultural Geography Study Group symposium, Liminal Zones: Where sea and land meet, is scheduled for Friday 15 November at the University of Newcastle’s city campus.

The goal is to initiate discussion about potential future collaborations addressing the challenges of rapid environmental and social change in the context of a port city.

The program for the day includes a morning excursion along the foreshore, followed by presentations and discussion. Lunch, morning and afternoon tea are generously supported by funding from the Cultural Geography Study Group of the Institute of Australian Geographers. More information can be found at https://cultgeogau.wordpress.com/

For those who arrive on Thursday 14 November, we can catch up for dinner in Newcastle (venue to be advised)

Please let me know if you would like to attend so that I can ensure adequate catering on the day of the symposium

Looking forward to seeing you
Michelle, Kaya, Vicki and Michele

Associate Professor Michelle Duffy
Human Geography
Program Convenor of the Bachelor of Development Studies
School of Environmental and Life Sciences
Faculty of Science

T: + 61 2 492 15097
E: Michelle.Duffy at newcastle.edu.au<mailto:Michelle.Duffy at newcastle.edu.au>

The University of Newcastle (UON)
University Drive, Callaghan NSW 2308 Australia
[iversity of Newcastle]<http://www.newcastle.edu.au/>
[id:image002.png at 01D3F331.C8C81820]
[rld Needs New]<http://www.newcastle.edu.au/new>

Ranked in the top 1% of universities in the world by
QS World University Rankings 2017/18

CRICOS Provider 00109J

I acknowledge the Aboriginal custodians of the land in the region where I live and work, the Awabakal and Worimi peoples. I acknowledge the Elders, past, present and future, and Country itself.