[Iag-list] Talking Academic Precarity in Geography

Laura Hammersley lauraham at uow.edu.au
Tue Oct 15 10:52:25 AEDT 2019

?Geography, it's time to talk precarity!

The Precarious Place Collective (@PrecariousPlace) has been meeting regularly to discuss academic precarity. We are inviting all academic geographers (ECR's, postgrads & tenured academics) to be part of this important and overdue conversation.

We will be talking precarity online 11am-1pm on Monday 21st October. If you think academic precarity is important to you and to the future of the discipline, drop-in and join the conversation. Please see zoom details at the end of this email.

The Precarious Place Collective is also collating stories of academic precarity. We seek to bring about an understanding of the experiences, impacts and implications of precarious employment in academia in Australia. You can submit a story as a narrative, poem, picture or song and as many times as you like via this survey link: https://mqedu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_dhGdk26Sal01uyV

With permission stories will be displayed anonymously on our website. Check out submitted stories here: https://precariousplaces.net/

See you in the zoom room!

Zoom details:

Join from a PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone or Android device:
Please click this URL to start or join: https://macquarie.zoom.us/j/112792752

Join from dial-in phone line:
Dial: +61 2 8015 2088
Meeting ID: 112 792 752
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/avhBudHKl

Join from a H.323/SIP room system:
Dial: 61262227588
    or SIP:7588 at aarnet.edu.au<sip:7588 at aarnet.edu.au>
    or H323: 112 792 752 at 182.255.112.21<mailto:752 at 182.255.112.21>  (From Cisco)
    or H323:182.255.112.21## 112 792 752  (From LifeSize or Polycom)
    or 162.255.36.11 or 162.255.37.11

Meeting ID: 112 792 752

?

Dr Laura Hammersley
School of Geography and Sustainable Communities
University of Wollongong

I acknowledge and pay respect to the Traditional Owners of the land on which the University of Wollongong is built; the Dharawal, Wodi Wodi and Yuin Peoples. I pay my respects to Elders past, present and future and to Country itself. Always was, always will be.