[Iag-list] Call for Papers: Social mix and housing

Iris Levin ilevin at swin.edu.au
Fri Feb 7 10:08:51 AEDT 2020

** Apologies for cross-posting **

Dear colleagues,

The Journal of Urban Affairs Special Issue -- Creating Mixed Communities through Housing Policies: Global Perspectives

This special edition is calling for contributions that examine the influence of social mix policies utilizing housing on communities in different countries and contexts.  The special edition will be guest edited by Iris Levin (Swinburne University, Australia), Anna Maria Santiago (Michigan State University, USA) and Kathy Arthurson (Flinders University, Australia). We welcome papers that examine social mix from all key stakeholders' perspectives - residents, government and policy, social services and NGO perspectives. Specific topics could include social mix as a stated aim or social mix as a by-product of policies aimed at deconcentrating poverty. Contributions could include different scales of policy and program implementation, such as the estate or development, the neighbourhood, the metropolitan area, the region or national level. The focus can be on social mix through public housing redevelopment, private housing redevelopment, governmental redevelopment, non-profit redevelopment or some combination of multiple strategies.

Abstract deadline: March 31, 2020
Full first draft paper deadline: July 15, 2020

Please send your abstracts and first draft papers to the Special Issue editors:

Iris Levin ilevin at swin.edu.au<mailto:ilevin at swin.edu.au>
Anna Maria Santiago santia63 at msu.edu<mailto:santia63 at msu.edu>
Kathy Arthurson kathy.arthurson at flinders.edu.au<mailto:kathy.arthurson at flinders.edu.au>

For further information about publishing in the Journal of Urban Affairs see:
https://www.tandfonline.com/action/authorSubmission?journalCode=ujua20&page=instructions

Best wishes,
Iris

Dr Iris Levin I Senior Research Fellow I Centre for Urban Transitions
Faculty of Health, Arts & Design I Swinburne University I Hawthorn VIC 3122
T: +61-3-92148197 I M: 0438 175 687 I ilevin at swin.edu.au<mailto:ilevin at swin.edu.au>
Smart Cities Research Institute Theme Leader: Migration and Cities
CUT Stream Leader: Migration and Urban Diversity (MAUD)

I respectfully acknowledge the Wurundjeri People of the Kulin Nation and pay my respect to their Elders past, present and emerging who are the Traditional Custodians of the land on which Swinburne's campuses are located.