[Iag-list] A request to all Australian Geographers to be part of the GSNSW 2020 Survey

Rae Dufty-Jones r.dufty-jones at westernsydney.edu.au
Fri Mar 6 10:41:49 AEDT 2020

Dear all

The Geographical Society of NSW is keen to hear the opinion of all geographers about our work and how we can support the work of Australian geographers better.

Your anonymous responses to our short survey (https://surveyswesternsydney.au1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_4SN0OFVJjwgnV9X) will be used to inform future activities of the Society but also more broadly how GSNSW can work with other Australian geographical societies to implement aspects of the Decadal Plan (https://www.science.org.au/supporting-science/science-policy-and-sector-analysis/reports-and-publications/geography-shaping).

Results will be distributed as an open-access report available for free from GSNSW website later in the year (we will email you all to let you know when it is launched).

IMPORTANT: it doesn’t matter if you’re not a member of the GSNSW or are even based in NSW – we really want to hear from you!

  *   The survey will close on Monday, March 23, 2020.
  *   Please feel free to forward this email onto other geographers in your networks.

So why not make yourself a cuppa and click on this link (https://surveyswesternsydney.au1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_4SN0OFVJjwgnV9X), answer a few questions and help us to promote and advance the discipline of geography in Australia.
Thank you for your time on this!
All the best
Rae

Dr Rae Dufty-Jones | Geography & Planning, WSU
President, Geographical Society of NSW
https://www.geogsoc.org.au

Visit: Office G.18, Building EI, Parramatta South Campus, Western Sydney University
Phone: 61 (2) 9685 9393
Post: School of Social Sciences and Psychology, Parramatta South Campus, Locked Bag 1797 Penrith Sth DC, NSW 2751

Latest publications:
Dufty-Jones R, 2018, ‘The career aspirations and expectations of geography doctoral students: establishing academic subjectivities within a shifting landscape’, Geographical Research, http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/1745-5871.12270/full

Dufty-Jones R, 2018, ‘A historical geography of housing crisis in Australia’, Australian Geographer, http://www.tandfonline.com/eprint/Tj6qxImeFFkgH4ii4Fi3/full