[Iag-list] IAG 2020: Call for abstracts extended to 3rd April/Registration open

Neil Argent nargent at une.edu.au
Fri Mar 13 09:44:22 AEDT 2020

Dear colleagues
The organising and programme committee of the IAG 2020 conference seeks to
reassure the geographical community that we continue to plan ahead for our
July conference at UNE in Armidale. We understand that there is currently a
considerable amount of uncertainty over the holding of large public events
in this country. However, given that the IAG conference is not for a couple
of months, is a primarily domestic event involving c. 200 people on a
non-metropolitan campus, and that there is as yet no definitive advice from
appropriate public authorities *against *domestic travel and conferences,
we have decided to proceed with conference preparations as normal. We will,
of course, continue to monitor the situation closely and will advise you
all of any changes to our thinking as soon as possible.

In the meantime, we have some important news. We have extended the deadline
for abstracts to the close of business on the 3rd April.
The registration page is also now open. Please go to: une.edu.au/iagc2020
to submit an abstract and register! And check out the new look conference
page!
Best wishes
The IAG 2020 conference committee

--