[Iag-list] Geographical Society of NSW 2020 Symposium Funding Scheme - Deadline extended 31/5/2020

Rae Dufty-Jones r.dufty-jones at westernsydney.edu.au
Wed Apr 29 09:21:50 AEST 2020

*** Apologies for cross-posting

Dear all,

As a consequence of disruptions in home and work life caused by COVID-19, the Geographical Society of NSW will be extending the application deadline for its Symposium Funding Scheme until midnight Sunday, 31 May 2020.

The GSNSW Symposium Funding Scheme provides financial support on a competitive basis for a range of symposia that address important and timely issues, from within the discipline of geography. Funding is available to a maximum of $5000 to support the convening of workshops, seminars or small conferences conducted in the period of 1 July 2020 to 30 June 2021.

For more information on how to apply go to our website: https://www.geogsoc.org.au/site/index.cfm?display=709937

Best wishes,
Bronwyn.

Bronwyn Bate | PhD Candidate; Executive Officer Geographical Society of NSW | Western Sydney University | Building V.1.32, Kingswood Campus Locked Bag 1797, Penrith NSW 2751 Australia | (02) 9772 6471| E: b.bate at westernsydney.edu.au<mailto:b.bate at westernsydney.edu.au>

Dr Rae Dufty-Jones | Geography & Planning | Western Sydney University
Research Theme Leader ‘Sustainable and Prosperous’ | NSW Public Policy Institute
President | Geographical Society of NSW | https://www.geogsoc.org.au

Latest publications:

  *   Dufty-Jones, R., 2020, ‘Writing’, in Kobyashi, A. (Ed.) International Encyclopedia of Human Geography. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/B978008102295510722X
  *   Dufty-Jones R, 2018, ‘The career aspirations and expectations of geography doctoral students: establishing academic subjectivities within a shifting landscape’, Geographical Research, http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/1745-5871.12270/full
  *   Dufty-Jones R, 2018, ‘A historical geography of housing crisis in Australia’, Australian Geographer, http://www.tandfonline.com/eprint/Tj6qxImeFFkgH4ii4Fi3/full

As I have additional caring/home schooling duties during the Covid-19 pandemic, and am therefore multitasking, there may be some delay in my response to your email and I may be interrupted during meetings. Thank you for your patience during these ‘less-than-ideal’ times.