[Iag-list] Call for papers | Geographical Research | The geographical research implications of COVID-19

Elaine Stratford elaine.stratford at utas.edu.au
Mon May 11 15:59:45 AEST 2020

Please circulate among your networks, with our thanks.
Call for Papers
Geographical Research
The geographical research implications of COVID-19
The spread around the world of the Corona Virus, or Covid-19, is an explicitly geographical phenomenon. Deploying a geographical sensibility to understand and analyse the many social, political, and economic challenges emerging from the COVID-19 pandemic is key. Geographers working across a range of research areas and with a diversity of geographical theories, methodologies and research skills have much to contribute in the short, medium and long term.
Geographical Research invites commentaries or early investigations into the many geographies of COVID-19, including, but not limited to, contributions on:

  *   demographic profiles
  *   digital geographies
  *   education geographies
  *   environments and ecologies
  *   health and care
  *   housing and home
  *   political and/or legal geographies
  *   social and/or cultural geographies
  *   urban and/or rural geographies
We welcome 250 word abstracts and 6 keywords in alphabetical order by close of business on 1 June 2020. Abstracts will be vetted by the editorial team and proposing editors, @Matthew Kearnes<mailto:m.kearnes at unsw.edu.au> and @Dallas Rogers<mailto:dallas.rogers at sydney.edu.au>.
If your abstract is accepted, we will notify you within two weeks. Those abstracts which are accepted will need to be fully developed as for 2,500 to 5,000 word papers by 31 July 2020 and will be subject to double-blind peer review, but we expect to ask reviewers to accelerate their engagement and draw specifically from our Editorial Board for such ends.
Our guidelines for submission are being overhauled at the moment as we move to a new style. Those submissions invited to go to full paper stage should be in a 12-font text in accessible plain Australian English and should account for an international readership. The full paper should include the abstract, 6 keywords, and a key insights statement of about 100 words, and be divided by logical headings and/or subheadings. Note any conflicts of interest. Use APA referencing style. Follow other requirements provided in ScholarOne, https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/geor, to which papers should be submitted.

With best wishes,
Elaine Stratford

Professor Elaine Stratford<http://www.utas.edu.au/profiles/staff/geography-environmental/elaine-stratford>
Editor-in-Chief, Geographical Research<../../../../Documents/Bluetooth%20Exchange%20Folder> - Journal of the Institute of Australian Geographers<https://www.iag.org.au/home/>
www.wileyonlinelibrary.com/journal/geor<http://www.wileyonlinelibrary.com/journal/geor>
M +61 409 956 384 |Tw @ElaineS_Hobart | L https://au.linkedin.com/pub/elaine-stratford/7/3b3/b33
orcid.org/0000-0001-6273-493X | Researcher ID D-1057-2010 | Scopus Author ID 6701489362

[GEOR_mc_2019]