[Iag-list] Globe 87 now published

Brendan Whyte obiwonfive at hotmail.com
Wed May 20 13:09:35 AEST 2020

Issue 87 of The Globe, journal of the Australian and New Zealand Map Society has now been published.

This issue’s contents are:

Cartographic Drift: Pulo Condor and the ysles de magna and ye de saill on the Dieppe Maps
Robert J. King

Treasured Islands: Charting the imagination
Granville Allen Mawer

Lt. James Cook’s Misplaced Landmarks of the Coasts of Victoria and NSW
Trevor Lipscombe

‘Where’s my Embassy, Comrade?’: An examination of the 1981 Soviet military city plan of Canberra
Brendan Whyte

Cook Conspiracy at Point Hicks?
Trevor Lipscombe

Errata : Franciscus Monachus’ De Orbis Situ Ac Descriptione – A Parallel Translation
Robert J. King

Conference Report: 2019 Coronelli Symposium in Zurich
Robert J. King

Book Reviews :
Graeme Lay, 100 Days that Mapped a Nation
Tessa Duder, First Map: How James Cook charted Aotearoa New Zealand
John McCrystal, Singing the Trail: The story of mapping Aotearoa New Zealand
Chris McDowell & Tim Denee, We Are Here - an atlas of Aotearoa
Y.-Y. Chiang, W. Duan, S. Leyk, J.H. Uhl & C.A. Knoblock, Using Historical Maps in Scientific Studies: Applications, challenges, and best practices
Riaz Dean, Mapping the Great Game: Explorers, spies & maps in nineteenth-century Asia
Bill Arthur & Frances Morphy (eds.), Macquarie Atlas of Indigenous Australia: Culture and society through space and time, Second edition

Brendan Whyte
Editor