[Iag-list] Digital Geography and Society journal: APC fee waiver

Jessica McLean jessica.mclean at mq.edu.au
Fri May 22 11:17:51 AEST 2020

Dear IAG list people

First, we hope everyone is safe and well during this tricky time. Sam Kinsley and I, co-Editors-in-Chief of Digital Geography and Society, are pleased to share that this journal will waive the Article Publishing Charge (APC) through 2020.

This will be applicable for any submissions received before 31st December 2020, which are accepted for publication after peer review. We look forward to receiving your submissions! Please get in touch if you have any questions about the journal.

>From the journal website: Digital Geography and Society is an open access journal publishing interdisciplinary social science and humanities research offering critical perspectives on the complexities and interconnected nature of geographies relating to the digital.

Key topics include, but are not limited to:

  *
Digital food geographies
  *
Smart, sustainable cities and digital sustainability
  *
Digital democracy, justice and participation
  *
Mobile spatial technologies
  *
Digital urbanism
  *
Urban & rural digital geographies
  *
GIS & Big data
  *
Creative GeoVisualisation
  *
Open data & knowledge
  *
Citizen science
  *
Digital divides

Papers from any of the social sciences and humanities will be considered. We encourage the submission of full length research articles as well as short communications, opinion pieces, case studies & reviews. We also welcome digitally-generated, creative pieces that speak to current issues and experiences in digital geographies and society. Special issues will be considered for publication in the journal.

https://www.journals.elsevier.com/digital-geography-and-society/