[Iag-list] The financial failure of the Australian corporate University - an open letter to save our Universities

Martin Young Martin.Young at scu.edu.au
Tue Jul 7 06:11:12 UTC 2020

Dear Colleagues

We are circulating this open letter because, in our opinion, the current COVID19 predicament has unequivocally shown that the Australian corporate University model is failing us, both as academics and citizens. The result of this crisis is a veritable threat to the future of the Universitas in Australia.

Please read the open letter (https://australianacademic.wixsite.com/website<https://australianacademic.wixsite.com/website>), which we propose to submit rather promptly to all State and Federal Ministers for Education.

Please circulate this email to any and all colleagues you think may be interested in it. We believe the most effective way to connect is through word of mouth among those who share our concerns.

We believe that it is time for Australian academics to regain control of academic governance.
We hope you agree with us.

Kindest Regards

Corresponding authors:
Dr Alessandro Pelizzon (School of Law and Justice, Southern Cross University)
Dr Renaud Joannes-Boyau (Geoscience Research Centre, Southern Cross University)
Dr Martin Young (School of Business and Tourism, Southern Cross University)