[Iag-list] Notice of Indigenous Peoples’ Knowledges and Rights Study Group Annual General meeting

Sandy Potter sandra.potter at anu.edu.au
Sat Jul 18 01:49:31 UTC 2020

Notice of Indigenous Peoples’ Knowledges and Rights Study Group Annual General meeting

Dear colleagues,

Under normal circumstances, we would have run our study group meeting face-to-face in one of the lunchtime slots at the IAG Conference in Armidale this year. Instead we will be running an online alternative. Please find below Zoom links which you can use to join the study group AGM which will run 2pm-3pm AEST (12pm-1pm AWST) this coming Friday the 24th of July.

This meeting will provide an opportunity to propose events and actions by the group and, perhaps most importantly, to check in with each other face-to-face (virtually).

At this AGM we will welcome Naama Blatman-Thomas to the role of co-convenor and be actively asking if there any other study group members who want to take a more active role in taking the group forward.

We will also thank and acknowledge Judith Burns for all the work she put into helping with the (now cancelled) preconference workshop in Armidale, and in exploring online alternatives.

Finally, Sandy Potter will also formally step back from the co-convenorship after three years in the role.

We are actively looking for more people to become involved in the group, either as co-conveners in the study group, or in helping to arrange events for the 2021 conference.

We would particularly like to encourage applications for the co-convenorship from any Aboriginal/ Torres Strait Islander postgraduate students who are interested in helping shape the future of the group.

If you have any issues you would like placed on the agenda of the AGM, please email w.fort at curtin.edu.au<mailto:w.fort at curtin.edu.au>.

If you have any technical questions on how to join the Zoom meeting, please email sandra.potter at anu.edu.au<mailto:sandra.potter at anu.edu.au>. Attached to this email is a .ics file you can use to add the event to Outlook and click here<https://calendar.google.com/event?action=TEMPLATE&tmeid=YXA1OGw4dWY0NGhwa21iZXMyNmhramNzNmMgc2FuZHkuc3BvdHRlckBt&tmsrc=sandy.spotter%40gmail.com> for a link to add to Google calendar.

Best wishes,

Warrick Fort and Sandy Potter

Join Zoom Meeting
https://anu.zoom.us/j/91282579380