[Iag-list] Wild Cities interdisciplinary panel discussion and book launch

Wendy Steele wendy.steele at rmit.edu.au
Wed Nov 11 23:19:51 UTC 2020

RMIT Classification: Trusted

Dear all

Hosted by the RMIT Centre for Urban Research, please join us for this interdisciplinary panel discussion and book launch focused on the following two key provocations:

What does it mean to be ‘wild’ in the 21st century?
What does this mean for planning wild cities in climate change?

About this Event

>The event will be live streamed via Microsoft Teams Thursday 3rd December 7-8pm starting promptly at 7pm. Free registration and access available in the attached flyer.

Chair: <https://cur.org.au/people/associate-professor-libby-porter/>  Libby Porter, RMIT

Keynote: Ashley Dawson NYC, New York (Environmental Humanities)

Discussion Panel: Kristen Lyons, UQ (Sociology), Helene Frichot, Melbourne University (Architecture), Jonathon Metzger, KTH Royal Institute Sweden (Planning), Lauren Rickards, RMIT (Geography)

Book Launch: Jago Dodson, RMIT, Wendy Steele, RMIT

Wendy Steele
Associate Professor/ Centre for Urban Research/ School of Global Urban and Social Studies

Co-convenor - Critical Urban Governance Research Program - https://cur.org.au/research-programs/critical-urban-governance/

RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia

Recent publications:

Steele, W (2020) Planning Wild Cities: Human-Nature Relationships in the Urban Age, London, Routledge

Climate Adaptation Australia website - https://climateadaptationaustralia.com.au/

I acknowledge and pay my respects to the past, present and future Traditional Custodians and Elders of the Wurundjeri people on whose lands I live, learn, research, work and teach. I recognise that these lands and all urban areas in Australia have never been ceded. I commit to situating my research in relation to Indigenous sovereignty and learning how to live and work together on Country.