[Iag-list] IAG-NZGS Conference Call for session sponsorship - Cultural Geography Study Group

Kaya Barry k.barry at griffith.edu.au
Fri Jan 29 04:51:18 UTC 2021

Hi everyone,

The joint IAG – NZGS conference will be held this year in Sydney, 6-9 July, in a hybrid online/in-person format.

We welcome session proposals to be sponsored by the Cultural Geography Study Group. Please send session proposals (abstract of around 200 words) to Kaya Barry (k.barry at griffith.edu.au) and Michelle Duffy (michelle.duffy at newcastle.edu.au) by Tuesday 9 February. Indicate if you are planning on doing an in-person or online-only session. Once we have confirmed sponsorship, you will then need to upload your session proposal to the IAG conference website.

(Please note the call for session proposals is due to be submitted via the IAG conference website before 15 February). Call for Papers will commence shortly afterwards. For more info about the conference visit: https://www.sydney.edu.au/science/news-and-events/events/iagnzgs2021-conference.html

The conference theme is "Remembering, reimagining geography", and for the Cultural Geographers, this year marks the 30 year anniversary of our Cultural Geography Study Group! We will be organising a special celebratory event and activities, stay tuned for further information.

Best wishes,

Kaya, Michelle and Michele
Cultural Geography Study Group Convenors

Dr Kaya Barry | Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Griffith Centre for Social and Cultural Research
Griffith University  | Nathan | QLD 4111 | Australia
T: +61 (0)7373 57317 | M: +61431835064 | E: k.barry at griffith.edu.au<mailto:k.barry at griffith.edu.au>  | Twitter: @kayathiea<https://twitter.com/kayathiea>

Recent publications:

Barry, K, Borovnik, M & Edensor, T (2021). Weather: Spaces, Mobilities and Affects<https://www.routledge.com/Weather-Spaces-Mobilities-and-Affects/Barry-Borovnik-Edensor/p/book/9780367406394>. Routledge.

Barry, K & Keane, J (2020). Creative Measures of the Anthropocene: Art, Mobilities, and Participatory Geographies<http://bit.ly/2C99mmG>. Palgrave. <https://t.co/kXjdSS9pNB>