[Iag-list] Earlybird Registration extended until 10 May for IAG NZGS 2021 Combined Conference

Philip Mcmanus phil.mcmanus at sydney.edu.au
Tue Apr 27 00:58:43 UTC 2021

Hello everyone,
On behalf of the Organising Committee of the IAG/NZGS 2021 Combined Conference (see https://www.sydney.edu.au/science/news-and-events/events/iagnzgs2021-conference.html) we are pleased to announce that the Earlybird Conference Registration has been extended until Monday 10th May, 2021.  Thank you to those people who have already registered.  You can still register for this important conference after that extended deadline, but we are offering significant registration discounts for IAG and NZGS members, for students, for geography teachers who are a member of their state-based organisation and for non-members who do register for the conference before this extended early registration deadline of Monday 10th May, 2021.

Reminder:  If you have not seen our exciting array of keynote speakers (with more to be added) and looked at various options for fieldtrips, the conference dinner and other social activities as part of a blended in-person/online conference, please visit our website at https://www.sydney.edu.au/science/news-and-events/events/iagnzgs2021-conference.html

What's next?  We will be releasing the Draft Conference Program in early May.  The Final Conference Program will then be released a few weeks afterwards.  We look forward to you participating in person or online between 6-9 July, 2021 at the University of Sydney.

Best wishes,
Phil
On behalf of the Organising Committee

Phil McManus
Professor of Urban and Environmental Geography
The University of Sydney
SYDNEY   NSW   AUSTRALIA  2006
email:  phil.mcmanus at sydney.edu.au<mailto:phil.mcmanus at sydney.edu.au>
phone: 61-2-9351 4242

Vice President - Geographical Society of New South Wales (GSNSW)
https://www.geogsoc.org.au/site/index.cfm?display=649100

Recent publications:
McManus, P and Haughton, G (2020 online) Sustainability or sustainable infrastructure? Using sustainability discourse to construct a motorway. Local Environment, 1-15

Thompson, K,  McManus, P, Stansall, D, Wilson, BJ  McGreevy, PD (2020) Is Whip Use Important to Thoroughbred Racing Integrity? What Stewards' Reports Reveal about Fairness to Punters, Jockeys and Horses. Animals 10 (11), 1985

McManus, P and  Haughton, G (2020 online) Fighting to undo a deal: Identifying and resisting the financialization of the WestConnex motorway, Sydney, Australia Environment and Planning A: Economy and Space, 0308518X20933279

Google Scholar<https://scholar.google.com.au/citations?hl=en&user=V5FHQvwAAAAJ>       ResearchGate<https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Phil_McManus>      Academia<https://sydney.academia.edu/PhilMcManus>
IAG/NZGS
2021 Combined conference at the University of Sydney 6-9 July, 2021
https://www.sydney.edu.au/science/news-and-events/events/iagnzgs2021-conference.html