[Iag-list] SOAC extension of abstract submission date - 30th July 2021

Wendy Steele wendy.steele at rmit.edu.au
Mon Jul 12 02:05:49 UTC 2021

RMIT Classification: Trusted

Dear colleagues

Thank-you for the very positive response to the call for abstracts for SOAC 2021 + PhD/ECR symposium which will be held in Melbourne as a hybrid conference showcasing Australasian-focused urban research around the theme of 'Just Recoveries for Urban and Regional Transitions'.

The abstract submission deadline has been extended to 30th July 2021.

Please submit your abstracts to the track themes here - https://www.soac2021.com/submit-abstract

We have had a number of requests for book launches, exhibitions etc. Please contact the conference organisers if you would like to organise a special event to be included in the proceedings.

We are also delighted to announce the list of Keynote and Plenary Panel Speakers for SOAC 20201  (in alphabetical order):

Dr Tom Baker
Professor Anthony Capon
Professor Carey Curtis
Dr Lara Daley
Professor Brendan Gleeson
Dr Mette Hotker
Dr Jennifer Kent
A/Professor Yolande Strengers
Professor Michelle Thompson-Fawcett
Dr Blanche Verlie
Professor Iain White

More details will be available on the SOAC website soon!

SOAC 2021 Organising Committe

I acknowledge and pay my respects to the past, present and future Traditional Custodians and Elders of the Wurundjeri people on whose lands I live, learn, research, work and teach. I recognise that these lands and all urban areas in Australia have never been ceded. I commit to situating my research in relation to Indigenous sovereignty and learning how to live and work together on Country.