[Iag-list] Sad news of Professor RB Singh.

Iain Hay iain.hay at flinders.edu.au
Thu Jul 22 06:49:09 UTC 2021

Dear colleagues

It is with tremendous shock and sadness that I pass on today’s news that the Secretary-General of the International Geographical Union (IGU), Professor R.B. Singh (b. 03 February 1955 ~ d. 22 July 2021; MA and PhD - Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi), has passed way in India.

Amongst his many significant achievements, Professor Singh was the first Indian Geographer to have the dual distinction of holding the position of the IGU Secretary-General and ICSU Scientific Committee Member.

Professor RB Singh’s death is a tremendous loss to Indian geography and to the IGU’s global community. His passing will be felt by very many people. He will be missed deeply.

Iain Hay