[Iag-list] The Geographical Society of New South Wales - Honours/Masters Conference 2021

Matthew Kearnes m.kearnes at unsw.edu.au
Fri Oct 22 06:14:50 UTC 2021

Dear Colleagues,

I wanted to pass on the details for the 2021 Honours/Masters Conference hosted by the Geographical Society of New South Wales in collaboration with the University of Wollongong.

The conference will be held – virtually – on Thursday 18 November 2021,  between 10:30am – 4:00 pm (AEDT).

The event will be a day not only for students but for PhDs, ECRs and beyond, and will feature a workshop about publishing in Australian Geographer by former editor Professor Chris Gibson.

Speakers at the conference will be in the running for 3 x Jim Rose Awards to be won:

  *   Best Paper at the Conference = $250
  *   Highly Commended presentation on a physical geography topic = $100
  *   Highly Commended presentation on a human geography topic = $100

Please see the conference notice here: https://www.geogsoc.org.au/site/index.cfm?module=event&pagemode=indiv&page_id=1358778

And please see the registration link here: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/gsnsw-honoursmasters-conference-2021-tickets-164940578711

Lastly please note the deadline for abstract submissions and conference registrations is Monday, 8 November 2021.

Please email abstracts and direct all enquiries to Dr. Sonia Graham at sgraham at uow.edu.au<mailto:sgraham at uow.edu.au>.

Best regards,

Matthew

Prof. Matthew Kearnes
UNSW Environment and Society<https://www.arts.unsw.edu.au/hal/our-research/research-areas/environment-society> Group
President NSW Geographical Society<https://www.geogsoc.org.au/>
School of Humanities and Languages
University of New South Wales
p: +61 2 9385 1010
e: m.kearnes at unsw.edu.au<mailto:m.kearnes at unsw.edu.au>
w: www.unsw.edu.au/staff/matthew-kearnes<https://www.unsw.edu.au/staff/matthew-kearnes>
I acknowledge the Bedigal people of the Eora nation, the Traditional Custodians of the Land on which the UNSW Kensington Campus is located, as well as the First Nations custodians of all lands and waters.