Thanks Postgrads for sending your suggestions for a Pre-conference workshop/field study at the NZGS-IAG conference. Organisers/ideas still welcome. We are also liaising with NZGS/conference organisers.
Thanks all for your support/participation in making Oceanic Responsibilities: Collaborative and Creative Approaches to Climate Change, 5-6 Feb, 2018 a success. The Cultural Geography Study Group-led event in collaboration with the Environmental Sustainability-Hazards Risks Disasters Study Group and the Critical Development Study Group was supported by the Institute of Australian Geographers and Deakin University. We are developing and strengthening relationships among geographers, key stakeholders and social/environmental stewards.
Everyone is welcome to join the network https://oceanicresponsibilities.wordpress.com/ . Participate in the follow-up conference session at the NZGS-IAG conference - Saltwater Country: Difference and Co-belonging in a ‘New Climatic Regime’. Participate in the Follow-up event at University of Newcastle in Nov, 2018.
We are delighted by the response from session organisers and welcome you to send your abstracts asap for 14 sessions sponsored/co-sponsored by the Cultural Geography Study Group. Conference details here: https://www.iag.org.au/nzgs-iag-conference-july-11-14-2018.
1) New and Emerging Research in Cultural Geography: Convenor: Michele Lobo, Michelle Duffy, Danielle Drozdzewski
2) Home, memory and mobility: settling while on the move: Caitlin Buckle, Charishma Ratnam,
3) Fresh/Salt: social and cultural geographies of water: Carrie Wilkinson, Leah Gibbs, Gordon Waitt
4)Saltwater Country: Difference and Co-belonging in a New Climatic Regime: Michele Lobo, Michelle Duffy, Kaya Barry, Lauren Rickards, Paul Hodge, Robyn Bartel
5)Lively records: animating, populating and presenting documentation: Elliott Child (UBC), Rachel Hughes
6) Moving Stories: narrative histories of car journeys: Tim Edensor and Uma Kothari
7) Methods Teaching in Geography in Aotearoa-New Zealand and Australia: Russell Prince (Massey University) and Barbara Ribeiro (University of Auckland)
8)Future Mobilities: transitions, trials and transformations: Helen Fitt (University of Canterbury, NZ), Angela Curl (University of Canterbury, NZ), Debbie Hopkins (University of Oxford, UK)
9) Platform Cities: David Bissell, Alan Latham (UCL)
10)Human Geophilosophy? Deepening the Dialogue with Deleuze and Guattari: Ryan Frazer (UoW) and Ryan Jones (UoN).
11) Places of the past and placemaking: imagined spaces and collective memory: Diti Bhattacharya, Clarissa Carden
12) Problematizing the empirical: JD Dewsbury, Scott Sharpe and Tom Roberts
13) Materials, mobilities, and in/securities: Kaya Barry & Michele Lobo
14) Mobilities and weather: Tim Edensor, Kaya Barry, Maria Borovnik (Massey University), Gail Adams-Hutcheson (University of Waikato)
Michele Lobo, Michelle Duffy and Danielle Drozdzewski
( IAG Cultural Geography Study Group Convenors)