Call for Papers: Mobilities, Stories, Movement and Art
This joint event brings together mobilities scholars and practitioners from the Mobilities Network of Aotearoa/New Zealand and the AusMob Research Network for a two-day event. We welcome papers, creative works and experiments that explore mobilities in the
form of narratives or stories, performance or movements, and artistic expression through empirical, theoretical or practical explorations.
The event will invite explorations across three streams of mobilities inquiry:
- Travel writing and mobilities
- Southern perspectives on mobilities
- Mobilities as a performative practice
Across the event we will be joined by keynotes including:
- Jen Southern (Centre for Mobilities Research, Lancaster University, UK)
- Ingrid Horrocks (Massey University, Wellington)
- and others to be confirmedů
The symposium will take place 3-4 December 2018 at The University of Waikato, Hamilton. Further information regarding on-campus accommodation (with special rate for attendees), meals, and travel will be circulated to participants after the CFP closes.
Please submit abstracts of 250 words by 30 September via the online form: